Friday, January 29, 2016

Cafe Sketching

If you are an urban sketcher, you probably find yourself sketching in a cafe at one time or another...after all, it's a perfect opportunity to observe people.  A prefect place to make a quick sketch over a cup of coffee, or with the luxury of some time, a wonderful place to develop more of a story.   I encourage beginners to sketch in cafes, since you can usually find a quiet corner to be fairly discreet.  Amazingly, I've yet to have anyone ask me to leave, even when I've taken my time to finish a sketch...I'm very thankful that instead I'm either politely ignored, or encouraged with another cup of coffee or kind words! 



Saturday mornings over breakfast... or at the opening of the new Civil Coffee in Highland Park...











Breakfast on the road in a neighborhood cafe with the regulars in the desert town of Twentynine Palms...or back home in Los Angeles, at a local cafe or the wonderful Grand Central Market downtown...





At G&B Coffee in the early evening at the Hill Street entrance to the Market...



Pasadena...

Greeting the New Year at the Autry Museum...




2 comments:

  1. The reason I liked here is that this place is so intimate and personable and while having astounding atmosphere! Really venues Chicago are more suited and perfect for experiencing great food and having a good time.

    ReplyDelete